Here's a sample:
- Work has been insane. There are ongoing issues that I don't feel comfortable getting into here, as well as planning for and executing an important training earlier this week. I am very relieved that the training is over, and after all my angst, it went well.
- Thanksgiving is in 3 weeks (!) and it looks like we are hosting this year. I'm trying to clean up our messy house, and I'm finding it very depressing. No matter how much I clean or remove things, it just seems like there is an endless amount of dust and clutter.
- Fourth grade means much more homework for J, in addition to soccer (which is ending) and basketball (which is just beginning). And keeping him fed is a full time job. He eats a lot!
- Temple commitments: for some reason I joined the Ritual Committee this year, which I don't really have time for, in addition to my regular Sisterhood commitment, and Sisterhood Shabbat needs to be planned.
- Everyone else I know is equally crazed. No one has had time to get together. I managed to get together with my friend B for about 1/2 an hour last week for coffee and a bagel. Is that crazy, or what?
- We are having a joint 10th birthday party for J three months late with another friend. Since he and his friend basically have the same friends, it kind of works out well. But still need to finalize a few plans for the party.
- We don't have plans for winter vacation. Yet.
- They are already showing Christmas and Chanukah candy, etc. in the stores. I am not ready to even think about the holidays!