Once I started flipping through More, however, I became completely engrossed in the ads – much more so than the actual articles. Of course, there were the usual ads for makeup, jewelry, clothing, and diet products. But there also were other ads that I wasn’t expecting.
Here is a list of the ads in a recent issue of More. I am not making this up.
- Age defying makeup and hair products
- Night treatment for skin
- Hair regrowth treatment
- Prescription medication to help with painful intercourse (2 ads: 1 for a pill, and 1 for a cream)
- Lubricant for sex
- Overactive bladder relief
- Fiber for constipation relief
- Natural progesterone supplement to reduce the symptoms of aging
- And a brand new product, liners that you wear in-between your buttocks for accidental bowel leakage (ABL)
And this isn’t even AARP magazine.
Ladies, we are screwed.